Have a project you would like us to look at, or want to work here? See below!
4805 PENN AVE. 2ND FLOOR
PITTSBURGH, PA 15224
Want to inquire about our services? Please fill out the form below, we'd love to learn more! But before you do, please read on...
Please note that we are receiving an unprecedented amount of inquiries in 2021. We're very thrilled by this, but please keep the following in mind:
After submitting your inquiry, we have an intake team that will reach out to learn even more about your project. Please allow 1-3 business days after your inquiry to receive this call.
Unfortunately we cannot pursue every project! Approximately a week after your intake call, our team will have reviewed the project brief and will reach out to you to either schedule a consultation, or let you know that we cannot pursue the project.
Our design and construction teams keep growing, but we are still backlogged quite a bit! Please note that we are unable to immediately jump into new projects, but are happy to talk through our current bookings and see if our schedules may align.
PROJECT ARCHITECT / DESIGNER
Shelton Design Associates, LLC is searching for a Project Designer / Project Architect to add to our growing design studio, with a primary focus in our commercial design division. Join our team of Architects and interior designers as part of Shelton Design/Build, a team of skilled individuals that enhance each other’s disciplines to create refined, elevated, and design-forward spaces.
The candidate should be self-starting, enthusiastic about small commercial projects (specifically restaurant, hospitality, and retail), detail oriented, efficient, and a team player. Must be able to handle a variety of tasks across multiple projects concurrently. Other requirements / guidance are as follows:
Experience: 3+ years experience in firm settings required.
Education: Graduated from an accredited university program in Architecture or Interior Design.
• This position will be intensely involved in commercial studio projects and responsible for the full delivery of small commercial projects as
directed by managers.
• Primary production of schematic design, design development, and construction documents for commercial projects as directed using AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, and GSuite software. High proficiency in these softwares required.
• High degree of proficiency selecting and detailing commercial interior elements, such as but not limited to: casework, finishes, fixtures, lighting, furniture, and custom architectural elements.
• Field documentation of projects.
• Client, vendor, and jurisdiction coordination and communication including permit procurement and filings, High degree of building code proficiency required.
• Construction Administration tasks at all levels: bid phase RFI’s, vendor coordination, job site meetings, construction phase RFI’s and sketches, client communication.
• Project Management including internal production scheduling and processes, as well as proactive external project coordination with clients, vendors, etc.
Advancement: Self direct project responsibility as performance dictates with motivation to become a Sr. Designer and Associate track.
Directly reports to: Sr. Designers, Design Directors, and above as directed
Licensure: RA / NCIDQ highly preferred. Must at least be engaged in licensure track / testing.
Please submit all CV/portfolio documents to
Shelton Building Associates, LLC is searching for a Carpenter Apprentice to add to our growing construction team. Join our team as part of Shelton Design/Build, a team of skilled individuals that enhance each other's disciplines to create refined, elevated, and design-forward spaces. We integrate the delivery of innovative, client-focused design with both classic and modern construction methods.
The candidate should be self-starting, reliable, enthusiastic about high-end residential projects, detail oriented, efficient, and a team player. Must be able to handle a variety of tasks on active job sites. Other requirements / guidance are as follows:
Experience: None required, 1-3 years preferred. Must be able to show mechanical aptitude.
Education: High School / GED Equivalent; Trade / Technical School preferred or higher
Assist Lead Carpenter and Journeymen in various ways on high-end residential projects.
Use of hand and power tools to fabricate and install materials.
Load, lift, and manage material stock and equipment.
Learn best practices and safe techniques for construction to grow in to larger roles.
Be a professional, reliable team player in groups of 2-5 to assist in others production.
Advancement: Self direct project responsibility as performance dictates with motivation to become a Journeyman Carpenter and above.
Directly reports to: Lead Carpenters, Project Managers as directed
For all employment inquiries, please send resumes / portfolio documents to .